What type of hair is used in SHE SOCAP Hair Extensions?
SHE SoCap hair is European, 100% Remy hair. Remy hair is made from high quality human hair, that has been carefully selected to ensure that all of the cuticle of the hair is consistent and the same from root to end. This is important for less tangles and easier styling. Other companies will treat remy hair using harsh chemical processes which remove the cuticle, making hair fragile and easily broken. NON-Remy hair extensions have cuticles going against each other causing matting and tangles. SHE by SoCap uses only remy hair that has been gently hand-selected for the very best quality.
What amount of in-salon maintenance is needed ?
Making a follow up appointment 2-4 weeks after your first set of extensions are applied is recommended. This is necessary to ensure that the extensions are still in excellent condition and that proper home maintenance is being done. Other maintenance check appointments are recommended every few months. It is normal to lose a few extension strands, but do not panic, this is normal.
What is the home maintenance?
Maintenance for your hair extensions is very easy.
- A loop or special bristle brush is recommended and can be purchased at the time of your appointment. A regular brush will not produce the same results. Always start to brush the ends first, working your way up to the root. Bonds can be brushed with the proper brush.
- Never going to bed with hair wet. Going to bed with hair wet will cause tangles and may be difficult to untangle once dried.
- A loose braid should be worn during sleep to prevent tangles.
- Do not use any oil based products. Sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners should always be used. Sarah Ashley will give you further details during your appointment.
- Brushing your hair on a regular basis is crucial to prevent tangles.
- Never color, perm or use any chemical products on your hair without consulting Sarah first.
- Avoid overly hot water for showers and shampoos.
- Do not use over the counter products, such as anything at a drug or grocery store.
Can I use my hair tools the same way on my extensions?
Yes, all heat styling tools can be used on your hair. Just like normal hair, high heat can cause damage. Therefore low heat and the use of a thermal protector is recommended. When using curling wands and flat irons, avoid using them near the bonds and this will ensure that they do not also become damaged.